I am committed to providing my clients with the best possible massage and customer service. My policies are designed to ensure that all of my clients enjoy a truly wonderful experience with me.
Arrival to your Massage
Massage appointments are 60, 90 or 120 minutes and are 50, 80 or 110 min of hands on massage time. All appointments consist of 5 minutes of consultation time at the beginning and 5 minutes of redressing and check out time at the end. All massages offered have a specific time schedule. If late arrival is inevitable, your massage service may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. Every client is important to me and since our sessions are for the full allotted time billed I want to be able to keep everyone on schedule which helps keep everyone’s lives a little more stress free…
A credit card will be required for all on-line appointments, and for all first time appointments to guarantee and reserve that time for you. Your card will not be charged, however you may use it to pay for services at the completion of your appointment. The total amount of the services scheduled will be charged in full for clients who “no-show” or fail to cancel their reservation within a 24-hour time period. If you need to make a change to your reservation on the day of the service, such as moving the appointment time, it is subject to availability.
If you are booking your massage within 24 hours of the actual appointment, there is no cancellation and you will be charged the full amount of the appointment.
Please note: if you are using a voucher of any kind your voucher is subject to be redeemed and void and a fee of the difference between your voucher price and the actual price of the service can be charged to your card.
I reserve the right to refuse service and therapist or client may end session at any time. If therapist ends session due to Sexual Misconduct full payment is due.
It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment or medications currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any change in health conditions, if you don’t tell me I won’t know.
Other Massage Policies
Scope of Practice
- I am a licensed professional and am held to the highest standards of the Oregon Board of Massage Therapy.
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe treatment for a specific condition. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
Respect for Client Needs and Boundaries
- For my clients comfort I am happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave.
- The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be undraped. The clients will be kept informed of the area to be massaged.
- Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment- or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked when working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. Also, low back, hip & gluteal area will be massaged only with permission and can be worked through the draping if requested.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments.
Lost & Found of Personal Property Policy:
I am not responsible for lost, damaged or left behind personal items. I will make a reasonable effort to contact the client who left the item. All items can be scheduled to be picked up at my convenience or shipped back to the owner at their expense with postal insurance. I am not responsible for the condition in which the postal service delivers it.
I align my policies with Groupon in regards to expired vouchers. If you have purchased a voucher and it has expired you still have a balance in the amount that you paid for the voucher toward any of my services. For example: if you purchased a voucher for $10 which got you a service valued at $25, once your voucher expires, you will owe the remaining $15 (25 – 10 = 15) upon arrival. If you have any questions regarding this of any of our other policies please contact me.
Confidentiality and Conversation
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
- We are happy to listen to your conversation and share our professional expertise. We prefer to not discuss topics of a political, private or sexual nature.
All pricing and specials can change without notice and may be subject to approval of Massage by Heidi management.